Sunday, June 27, 2010

So here I am sitting here alone the night before Nicole J.L. Miller reports for her beast week at West Point. Today was the track picnic. Great to finally meet coach Knute Hjeltness - a 4 time olympian from Norway and Nicole's throwing coach. Also met the rest of the staff and got to meet the new Commandant - General ____________ (cannot remember his name). A very nice day. We then went down to Highland Falls and bought a bunch of stuff - shirts, etc.

Anyway, as I sit here alone it isn't hard for me to reflect on everything about my relationship with my daughter. We have become very close over the past few years, ever since her mother moved 350 miles away. Tomorrow will be tougher for me than for her. I am letting go of somebody who is very special to me. But I am not selfish - she needs to go and become what she is meant to become. I know she will continue to excel at whatever she does. I have no doubts of that whatsoever. And I also know she will always be my little girl!

GO ARMY

No comments:

Post a Comment