Sunday, April 17, 2011

So the plane ride into Newark was great - hardly any bumps. Sat next to the parents of Kevin Boss, tight end for New York Giants. We traded stories about our kids and I showed them just about every photograph I have on my notebook. It was probably pretty boring for them but it seemed to make the trip go faster. I then went down to National and rented a Jeep - didn't mean to - the lot guy said I could have a "lot" upgrade. I attached my new GPS and away I went, through Newark onto rt. 21, 46, New Jersey Turnpike, to the Palisades Parkway and onto West Point. The GPS paid for itself as I didn't get one bit lost. Excellent. Driving here can be interesting for sure. I had one guy pass me on the left and he was mostly in my lane. I tried to move over onto an exit ramp and some guy went flying by me on my right just as I was about to make the turn. Crazy. I arrived at the Saw's -- Lt. Colonel Ryan and Kimberly Saw. They have a nice place on Continental Drive near the Stony Lonesome Gate, the Commisary, etc. I arrived and they made me BBQ Chicken with salad,etc. I went down and met Nicole and she gave me one of those "I've been at West Point too long and haven't seen any family" hugs. Nice - she wouldn't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment